Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Darrell Scott made me cry today. And that's a good thing. Proof that art works. And that I'm not as burned out as I sometimes feel, or as jaded as I sometimes fear.

Thanks for the recharge Darrell!




After years of near misses, I finally interviewed Darrell Scott.

The long wait was worth it, even if "Uncle Lloyd" did make me cry. I can't remember that happening before in the studio! * The entire world is going to hear me sniffling a bit. But hey, Darrell was singing away just six feet from me, and that's one sad song!

If you're not familiar with Darrell, please visit www.darrellscott.com. And do yourself a favor by purchasing his entire catalog. Don't waste your time by buying just one or two CDs. Get them all. Now. You won't regret it.

The new CD, "Hank William's Ghost," should be out in the first quarter of 06, and if the song I heard is any indication, it's going to be ANOTHER winner.

Words of wisdom for today: Bring kleenex, or sit a couple of rows back when you see Darrell Scott. We were sitting six feet apart, don't try that if you're not a professional.

* several have made me WANT to cry in frustration, but that's not the same.

PS. Thank you Miss Kissy. You bring me the best guests!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Is he touring? I have had meetings that make me cry, like the one I was just at....

:)

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah! Yes, the difference between crying from the emotion felt from art, and the crying from the emotion felt when wanting to strangle an annoying person.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home