Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hello there---sorry about the silence, it's been busy on my end.

Let's see...I told you about the kids smoking in the middle of our camp....the next night was quiet, except for a bit of cursing from some neighbor who was finally driven mad by the sound of slamming portapotty doors. But aside from that brief outburst, things were calm. And the final night? Marred only by someone who stumbled into my tent as they were drunkenly walking from theirs to the portapotty. Why? Well, they were cutting diagonally through our campsite to save a few yards, rather than walking in a straight line out of theirs, and then turning left. Of course it woke me up, horrible sleeper that i am. I couldn't help myself from yelling "Hey, watch it." And then I realized they couldn't---if they'd been able to see straight they wouldn't have walked into me.

At the end, once back at R and R's, the final comment was "why didn't you say this was a bad idea when I first brought it up."

Summation: I like camping. I don't like camping under those conditions.

I spent another beautiful day with R and R, and then headed to Boston. First stop, Newton. For an unplanned overnight with some friends I saw at the festival. Newton was added to the itinerary because there was a band in town that we all wanted to see, and I thought adding one more day to my stay might be too much for Charlie and company. After newton, it was four days and nights with old friends and their kids, (who didn't stop talking unless asleep) and then I finally drove home. Half the drive was through storms, but everyone stayed sane.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

the communal aspect of camping with strangers is highly overrated
there should at least be an arcade with skeeball and pinball for the restless youth

look out KOA, here she comes

9:57 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

god, i'm about to do it with 3500 wommins.

At least I'll be so tired I'll have no problem sleeping.

No booze helps as well.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Mindful said...

sounds like a hectic trip -- glad you had some good days in there. the communal part of camping can be good, in the right setting. yours obviously wasn't it. as for those high tops, i might try to order some. lots of places will ship here.

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home