Saturday, December 03, 2005

greetings from the cheery admiral's club at IAD. I am on my way to Chicago, and then back again this afternoon - - - all a part of my quest to retain premex status on UAL for 2006. My trip to London on the 14th will cap it, and then I can stay home the rest of the year. (what rest? two weeks?)

Of course, ORD is supposed to be affected by snow this afternoon. That's what I get for gambling and betting on comfort (767), rather than taking a smaller hop somewhere else.

This status thing irks me, though not enough to quit playing the game. In fact, I'm already brooding about the fact that my aa status will slip to gold by the time i go to SXSW in March...which means I'll likely be flying aa in coach during the busiest time of year in and out of texas. Spring breakers flood the return flights, making it very, um, cozy. I can "challenge" my way back to Plat...but not until I drop to Gold at the end of Feb. Which doesn't really give me much time before my mid-march trip. Of course I can use my march trip to jump start that challenge...

Stop it. How dull. who cares about ff status, except those about to lose it, or gain it?
I'm off, full back pack on shoulder. I've got the computer (to watch the rest of arrested development season 1), a book (the new joyce carol oates), the Post, People, and the blanket I'm knitting for debbie the poodle. (don't tell, it's a secret)

By the way, Debbie is not MY dog.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I love the IAD lounge for its very large bathroom stall and now my SEA-IAD redeye changing room. WHy they don't have a shower is beyone me.
Er, i have that same book, so if you don't start it, I'll bring it to London.

I am going to say that I do care enough about my status to do 145,000 BIS miles to keep it for now.

Having said that, TH is sitting on a delayed flight to BOS in coach to retain hers and she couldn't get her upgrade to clear for love nor money.

I think you have a secret poodle crush. :)

Have fun in ORD. Remember,there is a dunkin donuts there.

Or, we could fly dca-ord-lhr on March 1, you could meet me in the FL lounge and I can show you how even american airlines can ruin chicken on a stick.

They do have a decent little bar in there of course.

Safe travels.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Oh, and also, bring your laptop to London. I guess you can pick up someone's wi-fi from the hotel.

Nice, besides, then we can post update our blogs.

Welcome home.

:)

3:44 PM  
Blogger jk said...

we can photo blog from london...if i remember to bring a cardreader.

I actually think this blankie might not be such a great idea, won't her nails keep getting caught in the stitches? Oh well, it was a holiday request.

hope TH survived coach!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

how does bologna sound? not the meat, but the italian city?

12:07 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i feel too unfashionable for italy. I feel more like some eastern european city.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home