Tuesday, February 21, 2006

back from an all too brief trip to london. Had much fun, but no curry! a second trip to the spitalsfield st john with nm, and new friend elaine was good replacement.

I did have a few minor problems with usair on the way over---three hour delay at dinner hour with no vouchers, broken seat, requested food never arrived inflight, so I rang up customer service this morning. She offered 10k miles, until i pointed out how many i spent on the upgrade. We'll see what shows up in my account.

it's a totally worthless upgrade on US...their envoy service just doesn't compare. Using the free CP voucher is one thing, cashing miles is another. I think i'd rather be in coach on UA or AA.


and what do i see....but 30k miles back in my usair account.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

geez, i had a four hour delay, almost missed my flight to THR and all they gave me was 12K miles.

I didn't ask though.

You need to sit in the back of the bus with the mere mortals for a while and you'll grow to appreciate biz again.

My next three trips are in coach. I"ll save my upgrades for GRU, EZE and NRT.

12:40 PM  
Blogger jk said...

oh, are we planning a trip to nrt?

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck - sounds like this was a trip-and-a-half for both of you!

ps. I do not call a broken seat "minor" - that's torture in the front AND the back of the bus.

3:58 PM  
Blogger jk said...

you gotta realize, US envoy is equal to most airlines coach. really.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's the least they could do. I don't like US Air for various non-flying related reasons. They should have given you BACK your miles and added an upgrade for you.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

GRU...hah, that's where my Dad is as we speak!

11:37 AM  
Blogger jk said...

i agree with z, but i'm happy to have gotten what i did. I don't think the new management loves me as much as the old one did!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home