Wednesday, May 03, 2006

so, i'm back from merlefest, only a bit worse for wear. Having a few problems with my voice, so i'm on "vocal rest" for the day.

Pretty cool festival this year. In addition to the usual suspects, Pete Seeger was there!

he joined Eliza Gilkyson, Slaid Cleaves, Jimmy LaFave, et al for the "Ribbon of Highway" Woody Guthrie tribute.

John Prine kicked things off on Thursday night. Great show, a good mix of old stuff, and songs from his recent Grammy winner.
Jim Lauderdale was there--it's always fun to catch up with him.

So was Robert Earl Keen. REK spent more time signing for fans than just about anyone. Al took a group photo of us, so perhaps that will someday see the light here. Til then, you must settle for this shot I took. i've got more pictures on my ofoto, oops, I mean kodak gallery site. Let me know if you'd like the link....

6 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Very nice. I look forward to Calgary!

I wish I had my telephoto this weekend, the ice was fabulous in greenland.

sigh.

7:30 PM  
Blogger jk said...

well, i wish i had a better tele...those are a little soft for my taste.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could 'catch up' with Jim Lauderdale, if you know what I mean. Wink, wink.

Obviously I am enjoying your pics...

8:56 PM  
Blogger jk said...

that's what we all say about jim!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confession: I was once fixated on the suspicion that my neighbor Emmy Lou has had some face work, but now I am convince Pete Seeger has. He looks fantastic!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger jk said...

he looks fantastic, but he also looks real...when you see him in person.

as for your neighbor, we were wondering about her non-moving forehead.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home