Wednesday, July 26, 2006

i spent some quality time with my dentist this afternoon. New crown, and a filling replacement.

It was kinda cool---he's got a new computer system that allows him to make the crowns onsite...meaning only one visit, and no wearing of the temp.

Takes about 30 minutes all in....he puts some crap on the tooth, probes it with something that is a camera, pulls it up on a screen, does some hocus-pocus to make sure things fit correctly, and then the computer and a little milling machine go to town!

pretty amazing. i'd rather spend my 1200 bucks doing something else, but, hey....i don't really have a choice, do i? Luckily, i've got about 900 left in my HSA, or FSA, whichever you prefer. 300 bucks out of pocket for this....and i'd better not have any other major medical bills this year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

If I am doing the math right, the HSA saves you about 30% depending what tax bracket Uncle Sam has you in, so really that $1200 crown cost you $800

I love the not waiting part

5:51 PM  
Blogger jk said...

yes, that's the only good thing to come out of this! I wish we'd switch to the option that hands you a nice little debit card with the whole amount stored. Now, I've got to pay, and wait for reimbursement. And doc gives me 10% off for a check, and only 5 for charges.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

You had mentioned that about the doc--very nice extra discount@
One of my jobs is to keep up with medical for everyone in the family. It takes me two days at the end of the year to get all the paperwork together to file for the reimbursement (part of that is calling or visiting all drs and pharmacys for printouts). But so worth it!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home