Tuesday, July 25, 2006

now, I haven't seen the movie "you and me and dupree," but when i read the review, the plot seemed familiar. But from where???? tv? a book? another movie?

no, a song. by donald fagen and walter becker, aka steely dan.

and guess what? It sounds familar to them, too.

this is one of the funniest things I've read in years. check this out, from their website.

and for those with no institutional memory, here's the scoop on zal yanovsky. he was a guitar player with the lovin' spoonful, was fired after narking on his dealer, and then was tossed out of the band. after that, he returned to live in his native ontario, canada and ran a pretty good restaurant. That's the very short version, with much left out. Do your own resarch. I'm tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

omg, I laughed until I stopped
no, really, 'a petit solid'?
(I especially appreciated that the writer knew to say Post Post Scriptum instead of the usual mis-acronymed P.S.S., and of course I loved the letterhead)

I am going to the matinee tomorrow to see the movie, which will make my son happy as he recommended it, and will put a few more cents in Owen C.'s pocketbook.

jk, where do you come up with this stuff?

1:19 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i found that wonderful story on...hmm...where was it? defamer.com

But a friend had emailed it to me over the weekend, too.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home