Wednesday, July 19, 2006

let me start by saying that mony has her own blog now. I hope that doesn't mean she's stop writing wonderful comments here!

anyway, go here

now, if we could just get lee to write one... not that we don't all love sasha, it's that we don't hear enough from you!


back to reality:
i had a wonderful time in new york state. I stayed with ruth and rob, who are just them most wonderful people. You may have seen their film, bluegrass journey. If not, you should. go here to see what the fuss is all about. And then buy it. Great stuff, even if you don't think you like the music. Because you will. This ain't your grandpa's bluegrass.

There was one minor mishap. I started up the computer saturday night and notice the screen looked weird. Very weird. Like, broken weird. I had moved rooms, and was in one of the kids, so our first thought was that someone had bumped it around by mistake. Later, that was amended to "perhaps the visiting 2 year old jumped on it."

Anyway, we'll never know. But it doesn't matter. I took it into apple yesterday, and the verdict was the very bad "cracked screen." But since I was really clueless as to what happened, they are doing a very nice thing for me. So nice that I really shouldn't say what it is. Let's just say that when I get my computer back in 10 days, or so, things will be just fine. And no purses will have been emptied.

How's that for building brand loyalty? I know what I'm buying when it's time to replace the musty old windows tower sitting on my desk.

I hope to get a few photos up soon. And go visit mony, and leave her some comments.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

If we have to choose between Lee to being a great mom and keeping the Sasha site wonderful, or Lee blogging, I must say I cannot do without my Sasha fixes!

On the strength of your recent Apple experiences I totally supported my son's decision (in theory and financially) to buy a refurbished MacBook Pro for his twenty-first birthday). Now I will look into whether Apple Care covers the screen...

7:11 PM  
Blogger jk said...

it is covered in some cases. Mine was an unknown accident.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

I will remember unknown accident. That is what is known as a 'natural jackpot', a quote from my son when he was three.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Hmm. Micron is charging me (well, my project) for the cracked front from my recent mishap.

But then again, my computer is nearly 3 years old and still hums like a champ.

Until ESRI starts making a mac version of ArcGIS, I'm stuck going pc.

sigh.

I really want a mac.

And, like Mony, I'm going to have agree that I like the sasha site the way it is.

I can't wait until Miss Sasha is big enough to go on a foodie trip to Seattle. I know a good noodle place for miss sasha and she should definitely visit the nordstrom flagship store. Jetblue does fly to seattle from IAD ya know?

nm

1:42 AM  
Blogger jk said...

lee! I think you have an invite to seattle! I mean, sasha does....

and yes, if lee only had time to contribute to one blog, let it be sasha's. it's just that i love reading what lee (and dan!) have to say, and would like more!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home