Tuesday, July 11, 2006

there was a great obit in the Post today.

wait, i should preface that by saying I read the entire paper every day. And, probably because I grew up here, I give the obits a more than cursory glance.

one given prominent placement today was quite interesting, even though it was the life story of a woman I probably would have disliked. well, maybe not personally, but in her professional life. A conservative lawyer who served as President of our county council in the early 60s, and railroaded a bunch of rezonings through, overruling master plans and disregarding planners reccomendations. Many were later thrown out because of the way they'd been pushed through.

but enough about that. Here's what I loved. This quote, from her husband:

"Her philosophy -- toward bridge and toward life -- was simple, he said: "She was seldom in error and never in doubt."

not that anyone has said the same about me....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good quote, one that is often used to describe lawyers.

7:36 AM  
Blogger jk said...

and the lady in question was a lawyer!

i recognized it as one I've heard before, but I've got no idea where it comes from.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home