Wednesday, July 12, 2006

and i'm off! Soon. Up to New York state for the grey fox bluegrass festival.

Stopping in phildelphia tonite. This stop was planned with the intention of meeting up with the lovely folks I met in Australia two years ago. No such luck. It will, however, mean only a 4 hour drive for me tomorrow.


Saw the dentist today. Dr bad news tells me i need a new crown and a filling. 1300 bucks. The only good news is that I've got about a thousand left in my health savings account, or flexible spending account. Oh, and that i don't have any nerve damage, or anything like that. Which is quite good news.

I like my dentist. I was one of his first patients here. If i write him a check, i get ten percent off. 5% for a charge. I think it's because the dental plan I had was so awful, that this saves him more money than having to go through their reimbursement procedures.

of course, if the fed dental plan update is ever completed, things will be better.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeouch! Just had a crown fall out, myself - $250 just to re-cement it!

Good to hear you had the money in your health savings account; that could've been a nasty surprise.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Have a great time at grey fox.

I'll be thinking of you while drinking a cruelty free canadiano with soymilk in Vancouver.

7:10 PM  
Blogger jk said...

well, it was a nasty surprise. I've had to cancel some fun stuff because of it.

but as i said to doc, what am i going to do, say no?

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the glass half full approach is good in middle age

have fun at Grey Fox!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home