Wednesday, May 16, 2007

the top story on my neighborhood listserv this week:

"We found a lovely parakeet in our yard just as our cat caught it.
The bird is not hurt at all and is eating and drinking well in a
cage a bird-loving neighbor loaned us. It is clearly someone's pet.

If you are missing a parakeet, please call...."

So, what set this in play? My money is on either little suzie feeling guilt over keeping little Tweetie in a cage, and set her free. Or little simon was finally getting around to cleaning the cage and decided to let charlie fly around the room....forgetting that the slider was open.

You may wonder why I picked the names "tweetie" and "charlie." It's because they're the two most popular budgie names. really. see for yourself.

And once you've stopped laughing, check out the rest of the statistics on budgie names. The most reassuring thing i learned? that the site is updated on a regular basis. and don't forget to check out the anniversary budgies. no, go look. i'm not telling you what an anniversary budgie is. nope. just go here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

In my youth at Sewanee, I had a similar experience, with a decidedly worse result. It had to do with my summer business, Sit-a-Pet. Without going into details, I can just say that the bird was alone in my partner's house with her Siamese cat, Tinkerbell. The business went south at about that time...

9:17 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i believe you've told me that story, and i'm sorry to remember that i laughed a lot while you did!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home