Thursday, April 26, 2007

where oh where have i been? well, i'm sure it wasn't half as exciting as mony's trip to austin (she hasn't resurfaced yet)...but i did take a little break with two work pals. we jaunted up to a very rustic little retreat/spa for a two day break on sunday and monday. it twas up on the way to z's i believe...we were not that far from home, about 3.5 hours up near state college, pa. (no, we didn't have time to visit the dairy bar --- too bad. I'm not a big ice cream eater (call me un-american), but even i can appreciate the good stuff. when i taught at U of MD, friends would ask me to tote home pints on a regular basis.)

yesterday was spent getting ready for merlefest, the last of my annual spring travels. I'm sharing a room with Ann this time, as her company is making the best of the festival available for live music fans all over the globe. check out her stuff if you haven't, just go here!

I'll be hitting the road in just a bit, but had to share this bit of news. Al Gore has done the impossible. He's convinced one of the greatest rock bands EVER to reunite for his summertime Live Earth concert.
Can you guess who's reuniting to save the planet? No. Nope. Think bigger. I said BIGGER. Like up to 11.

Oh, come on. Even you can get this one.
You want a hint? I just gave you a big one.



that's right, it's spinal tap. As the Times puts it, "Christopher Guest, the actor who portrays Tap’s lovably clueless guitar hero Nigel Tufnel, evidently feels that he can do more to sway the global debate with a Wembley Stadium gig and a 15 minute film short than he ever could by taking up his rightful place in the House of Lords as Baron Haden-Guest." Click here for more, including some classic clips.

Now, don't you feel better?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Okay spring it...where did you go??? I'll be down YOUR way in two weeks at Apple Blossom meself.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

have a blast in NC--wish I was going
have festival fever now--NOT!!!

did find a great day spa in South Austin, though

4:58 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Mmmm, the dairy bar at Penn State. I would consider getting my Ph D. there just for that.

Have fun at Merlefest. I'm going to send your package to your seester.

nm

10:58 PM  
Blogger Mindful said...

Send pics from Merlefest when you get back. I couldn't make it after all. . .

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home