Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I love reading The Guardian. Guardian Media gets a look every morning, and when I get a chance I go through the rest of the paper---online, unless I'm in the UK, or see a copy somewhere.
Today there's a lot of coverage of the Hay Festival, a spectacular sounding book festival described once by Bill Clinton as "the Woodstock of the mind") (more info, go here.)

I especially liked a little section of Celebrity Q and A. You can read the entire thing here: if you've to no time, here's one little gem:

"Dom Joly, comedian asks Sandi Toksvig, broadcaster

Q Sandi, I've always wanted to ask you: how would we solve the Israel/Palestine situation?

A Do you know, the answer that I like best - and I don't know whose answer it is - is that we should get one side to divide the country and decide where the border is going to go, and then the other half get to choose which side they want. Isn't that a brilliant idea? It's so simple. Maybe in his simplicity, Blair found that too simple. Perhaps I could be an undersecretary of something?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Mindful said...

ummmmmm, sandi..... that's a common ploy used by parents when they want their kids to divide something and share. not a bad tactic though. except that, like kids, wouldn't one country always want what the other has?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

I don't know about the practicality...

9:43 PM  
Blogger jk said...

well, she is a mother---

and i've found that it works quite well with people in my office.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home