Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Did you miss me? I am freshly back from Nashville, where I was not crowned queen of the may, or broadcaster of the year. Fie on them. It is, as I was reminded so many times, an honor just to be nominated. Again. Yes, I am a double loser. And I must say that being able to say I've lost twice, is a bit more satisfying than only losing once. More is good. In everything but avoirdupois.

I'm sorry not to have updated while in Nashvile (whoops, freudian?), but I was busy with banjos. And drinking cup after cup of herbal tea at the public library branch of Provence. I believe we (the core group of me, ann, ruth, rob and maria) may have set a record on Friday: arriving at 11:45, and leaving at 4. I felt like a Georgetown hostess with my own salon! And then Carol Young and I did the same with irish coffee (decaf for me, thank you) at the Bridge Bar in the Renaissance Saturday night)

Highlight? None of the bluegrass. Last Train Home did a great set, (i really needed drums by then!) Greencards, too. And what little I saw of April Verch was a-one.
Actually, I think the real highlight was my trek through the archives at the Country Music Hall of Fame. They're setting up a Ray CHarles exhibit, and I got an advance look at some of the goodies---stagewear, electric pianos, and even Ray's braille edition of Playboy. No pics. So it's true...someone really did read Playboy for the articles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Boo on them. However, it is an honor to be nominated.

Did you make it to Fidos?

nm

8:54 AM  
Blogger jk said...

no fidos this trip. Provence also has wifi, but i left my computer in the hotel out on Elliston place. The perfect abode for someone who likes breakfast at the soda shop, or Vandyland.

And you gotta love a Hampton Inn that upgrades to a suite with a full kitchen. It was a smoking suite, but it easily passed the sniff test.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home