Sunday, December 04, 2005

I was just looking at my itunes. Weird.

who's there? Three of America's best AND least known songwriters are there in spades: Tom Russell, Loudon Wainwright III and Butch Hancock. A lot of Joe Ely, too. Oh, and Jon Dee Graham. And Alejandro Escovedo. Dave Alvin and Darrell Scott also show up multiple times. James McMurtry, too. Let's see, you could say it's mainly full of wonderful songwriters with some connection to Texas who may be losing their hair. (I think Darrell is the only one both in total control of his follicles, and without a Texas connection)

And I seem really go for guys named John. They're all there: hiatt, prine, Jon Dee Graham, and Cash --with and with out June. John Starling. Solo, and with the Seldom Scene. Fantastic when he was singing with John Duffey. And I can't leave out John Cowen---on his own, or with New Grass Revival, and even the Skykings. And then there's also John McEuen, and John Fogerty.

I'm a multi-generationalist when it comes to the Wainwright clan---Loudon (my second favorite guest of all time...third visit was the best), Sloan, Martha and Rufus are all there.

And both Tim and Mollie O'Brien show up. As a brother-sister duo, solo artists, and Tim with Hot Rize, of course.

But just when you think you've figured me out: I turn out to be a Franz Ferdinand completist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home