Wednesday, January 11, 2006

what a great news day! I don't even know where to start.
First up at the watercooler this morning, the latest news on Marion Barry. Let's see, when I interviewed him in 1990, or so, he was sweating like mad. Probably relating to the crack he was smoking at the time...that big bust (you know, when the bitch set him up)occured a few weeks later.

And now...today, the Washington Post is reporting that the Mayor (for life) tested positive for cocaine last year. The fall drug test was ordered by a court after he pleaded guilty to not filing taxes for six years. Barry's response to Post reporters on this one? He didn't deny a thing, and simply said "Write what you want to write. That's my official quote. No more, no less."

more is here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/10/AR2006011002018.html?sub=AR

And as soon as we calm down from this bombshell, comes the big one:


We are positively giddy!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I can't tell whether to be happy for them or be sad that they can't be more open about their relationship.

That will be one cute child.

As for Marion, oy!

7:26 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i'm sure they'll be open about the relationship, now.

as for cuteness, 99% sure, but you never know when it comes to things like this. and blond hair/blue eyes will be the most boring looking of the three (including this one) children.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, what does he care? He's Mayor Fo' Life right? And I am surprised he didn't offer you any...especially back in 1990 (when I actually lived there and read the Post every day and knew what was happening in the world other than what Richard Scaife feels the need to tell me.)

8:25 PM  
Blogger jk said...

Hey z, I didn't know you dwelt here!

Some folks on the street are swearing that Barry's been set up again...that "they" "did" something to his, um, specimen.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah, Marion's ALWAYS been set up. Sadly, it's usually HE who sets himself up!

Actually JK, I grew up in and around the Beltway (Rockville, Springfield) and then later eastern WV (which is now a suburb I guess). We moved there in 1989 chasing the bottomfeeder who was my sperm donor...and lived in Fairfax City, Centreville, Sterling Park and finally Sleesburg before we realized we were backing up so Pittsburgh was our next choice and we moved back here. I worked in Tysons for WAY too long and was in the Vienna Jaycees back when it was cool to be in the Vienna Jaycees. I'd have to say I consider DC to be my home in the US or at least one of my favorite cities to visit because I understand it so well.

2:57 PM  
Blogger jk said...

Hah! I grew up in Bethesda. Perhaps we know some of the same people.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home