Wednesday, February 22, 2006

hooray! I am not going to bankrupt myself by going to austin for SXSW. Why? because the office is paying. All I have to do is, well, work.

Things start Wednesday, but I'm going out (on my own dime) Saturday, to see friends. And, um, maybe, fly a few aus-dfw rts. AA has that fly 3 through dfw (to aus, sat, stl, and somewhere else) and get 30 k miles. I'd like to fly somewhere in cathay or ba first class...this will help! I've registered, and start flying on Sunday!

and it looks like i'll also get into a screening of the prairie home companion film, keep your fingers crossed.

What else? Oh yes, as a member of the david tennant appreciation society (lee, you with me????), I recently re-viewed "Bright Young Things," the 2004 film version of Evelyn Waugh's "Vile Bodies." Good fun, terrific cast...even if I didn't remember DT's turn as "Ginger" (which makes the new new dr who line "am i ginger?" even more amusing). Dan Aykroyd steals every scene he appears in, btw.
Tennant also pops up in the bbc version of Trollope's "He Knew He Was Right." Excellent adaptation, and Tennant's the somewhat-comic relief. It's on netflix, and worth the rent...even though it's two discs. I hate renting series from Netflix because you're always waiting for the next part, unless you return things quickly!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know he's in HP & the Goblet of Fire, right?

8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Eve-lyn Waugh :)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home