Monday, March 13, 2006

greetings from the cheery admiral's club at aus!

the canadian girls loved going to the saxon pub last night! I introduced them to "the resentments." (www.theresentments.com) Anyone coming to austin would benefit from attending their sunday night show.

Had a chance to check in with jdg (jondeegraham.com)---told me to give him a call later this week, pleased that "someone i can stand" is in town for the desperation derby.

but best laid plans and all that: got up far too early (5:30) for my little jaunt to dal and stl.decided to bring the computer, so i could continue watchin the original Cracker. Noticed my bose headphones weren't in the backpack....so i figured i'd grab them from the truck. (yes, again i rent an intermediate car, again i end up with a new suv. glad i'm not paying for the gas!)

but i finally get through security, up to the club, online...only to realize i don't have the headphones. Oh well...good thing i've got the paper, and stopped at bookpeople!

8 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I thought you were working. ;)

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the original Cracker; the American remake took all the edge off the characters. Btw, I believe the part was written specifically for Robbie Coltrane, and it does fit him like a glove.

I thought you were working, too. ;)

10:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I HATE when that happens. Seriously. Maybe it's time for earbuds in the backpack or something...just an escape hatch in case you need one. I think the original Cracker IS the best.

6:13 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i AM working---wed through sunday. i took mon and tues as holiday days.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

geez. what the hell is cracker? remember, I was opressed under the taliban for many years.

7:16 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i guess you've just got to go check out those discs I gave you.

7:23 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i have to admit, i was re-watching cracker for the eccleston content. i remember the death scene very well after all these years, it'll be interesting to see it again.

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a feeling that's what you were doing. I still remember that death scene too, as well as the whole story arc leading up to it. Goosebumps.

p.s. I cast another vote for "emergency backup earbuds."

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home