Thursday, May 11, 2006

A big weekend coming up! I am off tomorrow, and driving up to Philadelphia, where I'll leave my car, and get on a plane to Boston. Once there, I'll take the T to meet Charlie, and I'll bunk with him (and marie and the kids) for two nights while we (charlie and I and hopefully others) attend our, gasp, 25th college reunion. Of course, we barely look a day over, um, 38.

Then, bright and too early (7:30) Sunday morning, I board a plane back to philly. Once there, I pick up my car, and drive into town for danny's MBA graduation. Nephew Charles is coming up from NYC to see his fiance Amy get her sheepskin, so I hope to see him, too. Danny, in case you haven't met him, is my sister's nephew. his mom is Robert's sister, robert being my brother-in-law. Nancy (my sister) and Robert have been married since I was 9, so I've been co-opted into his family...which is a very nice thing to be.

Anyway, family dinner Sunday, then a drive home Monday. I was hoping to see my friends Nikki and Bob while I was there, but I haven't heard back from Nikki. I met them in Australia four years ago, and we've stayed in touch. Older than I, both retired from the insurance world, very well travelled (and well heeled, if I may say so). Lovely folks, who insisted on taking me to dinner in Sydney---kind and generous and fascinating, what a great combination!

It's going to be a busy week then---the big deal on Friday being Abby Washburn and company ( Bela Fleck, along with Casey Driessen, and Ben Sollee). My boss John loves abby, and has purchased six tickets for the show at a very tiny club. Mark and Rue think they can make it, too...as does Janet.

lee would love it, but I didn't ask her --figuring Sasha won't allow it. But, if that's not true, let me know! We can celebrate our birthdays....

6 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I sent you a package, which should show up today. If not, well, I hope the chocolate doesn't melt.

nm

12:06 PM  
Blogger jk said...

oh yum. when did you send it? can't wait!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sob* Yes, I WOULD love it, and yes, The Girl would be inconsolable. She's doing major sobfests now whenever either of us has to use the bathroom! Either she thinks the greatest party of all time is happening in there, or...???

4:46 PM  
Blogger jk said...

well, i understand completely. i mean, it must be pretty fantastic if she can't be a part of it....

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be eating at Morimoto while you're in Philadelphia?

11:40 PM  
Blogger jk said...

no, we went to morimoto last year. my brother treated everyone to the #1 omakase. Outstanding, equal to any I had in kyoto.

this year it is budakkan. Dan's choice. Charles says it's his favorite, and we're in for a big treat.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home