Tuesday, August 08, 2006

i have had nothing to say the last few days because, well, I had nothing to say.

I have been so boring that even I can't be bothered with myself!

That'll change tomorrow. Because Chris Smither is coming by to talk about his new record. He is so smart and engaging, I love when he comes to visit! You may not recognize his name, but he's written dozens of wonderful songs over the years including one that Bonnie Raitt recorded "Love me like a man."

"Leave the Light On" comes out in September, and it's his first new record in about 3 years. And his first since adopting a baby last year. yes, after roaming this earth for 60 years, Chris is a first time dad. I haven't seen him (or carol) since, but all reports are glorious. I'll get the scoop tomorrow.

It's also the first time I've seen Chris since Katrina tore through his childhood home of New Orleans. We'll talk about that, I'm sure.

Do yourself a favor and check him out....trust me on this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

His website is refreshing, mostly because it differs from the usual musician-type site not only because it is not dark (Iiterally, not just metaphorically).
There is a lot of info there and it is interesting.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I posted your shakshuka recipe!

10:06 AM  
Blogger jk said...

ooh, yum. thanks! it's daunting to see so many recipes, but no word on which way to go!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home