Wednesday, February 21, 2007

isgreetings from memphis! I arrived right on time, and stepped out of the airport into sunshine and mild temps. quite different from earlier in the week: I've heard it was everything from 18 and snowing, to rainy and windy.

I'm already in conference overload and I've only been in town 8 hours. I made the (somewhat) wise decision to stay within my perdiem and book a room at a springhill suites about a half mile from the conference hotel...good because I can get out of the crowd, bad because, well I got out of the crowd and haven't gone back. But i think i can get away with that because it is first day.

I like memphis, but the downtown area is somewhat bleak. I'm about a 10-15 minute walk from the conference, but will be taking the car, at least in the evening. I'm not sure I'd like to make the trek at 2 am. Daytime, no problem.

we might head over to graceland tomorrow. Believe it or not, I've never been!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home