Monday, May 21, 2007

question of the day:
if you learned that your favorite sports sandal was being discontinued, and you, after much time spent searching, located a cache at about half price, how many pairs would you purchase??? Remember, once these are gone, you're going to have to find something else that works.

These are sandals intended for running, hiking, or walking, and I've worn them in several continents and logged a couple hundred miles in the pair I've loved for three years.

I bought one pair, but now I'm thinking about getting two more. The ones I have are shot*, that's what prompted this search in the first place.

*no, you can't replace the soles/footbed. I asked.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

Three would be my approach.

"A pair and a spare" is what my grannie always said.

Therefore all progeny have several pair of 'seventies floral' double bed percale sheets that do not fit our king beds but are still treasured for the pillow cases...

10:20 PM  
Blogger jk said...

as opposed to royalty, where you go for "an heir and a spare."

10:32 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

I would go for three as well, but I would also make sure

1. they are the same as before
2. if they are not, can you return them
3. do you have two pairs of shoes to remove to make room for those shoes.
please post shoe link, remember i don't wear your size.

12:28 AM  
Blogger jk said...

1. yes. i already received the first pair.
2. see above
3. doesn't apply. these go onto a shelf into the basement, not into rotaton.
4. let me order mine first. not that your petite feet share my size....(actually, go to sierra outpost, look up bite sandals, and they're the ennerstrap, or something like that.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

Gawd, I am hooked on Sierra Trading Post. Is that the same? But for western shirts...

6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd get the pair and a spare AND a spare. I hate when I have to change fave shoes.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

at the same time, make sure you have enough ruby slipper hoarded to make it through all the sandals.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home