Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I like the White Stripes enough to recognize them when I hear a song, but not enough to have ever bought a record. And that's the acid test with me....I rarely have to buy music, but I will every once in a while.

That's changed. I'm going to go get the entire back catalog after reading about their UK album release party. Which was held at a pensioners home in Chelsea. See for yourself! The photo below is from The Times coverage...which can be found here!


And if you're too lazy to click that link, here's my favorite bit:
"On a small stage in the opulent Council Chamber of the State Apartments, overlooked by enormous oils of the Hospital’s founder, King Charles II, they played five numbers that at first had a few hearing aids being adjusted, but by the end had silvery heads nodding along.

The inclusion of two traditional numbers, You Belong To Mr and Bo Wevil, combined with Jack White’s parting joke, “We don’t want to take up too much of your time, we heard it was your cocktail hour”, ensured the oddball band had their audience charmed.

Norman Mitchell, 87, of the Gernadier Guards was particularly impressed. “I love anything hillbilly like that. Down in the physio here they play Roy Rogers, we do our exercises to him. It was marvellous.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

The royal hospital is the coolest place and I am betting they have the best cocktail hours around.

I have never ever heard the white stripes, I'll have to check them out.

I am such a dweeb.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

JMB is so envious because he has heard Jack White is driving around town and Leipers Fork in a '58 silver Thunderbird like the one he used to have but gave up to a sibling

eternal regrets...but I don't miss those breakdowns

5:58 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

erm, how is NYC?

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home