Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's true - - necessity is the mother of invention. I proved that yesterday, when I had a rather large (6) group paying a visit to the studio. I needed to get water from my third floor office to the second floor studio...but couldn't find the bottle I usually use for that task.
I was also feeling too cheap to go to the cafeteria and buy a new one.

SO, i stood there for a few minutes, staring at the seven empty glasses. I really didn't want to go two by two, nor did i want to use up a favor by asking one of my co-workers for help on this one.

I stood in the hall, looked up and down, and suddenly noticed one of those plastic USPS mail buckets. I grabbed it, and walked down the hall, glasses in hand. Filled up those seven glasses at the cooler, placed each inside the bucket, and then wisely took the elevator downstairs. I shared the ride with one guy, who seemed quite amused at the contents of the bin.

The guests were pleased, and able to sing without drying out. And they also laughed when I said "some days I am so smart I just fall in love with myself all over again."

We were joined in the studio by a documentary filmmaker. I studiously ignored him. Nice chap, exactly what i'd expect of a friend of Kissy's.

oh, did i tell you it snowed yesterday? Perfect timing, as I had to race out to drop the car off for service. I get nervous whisking snow off the convertible top, so I'm pleased I had a coupe to deal with this morning.

Photos to follow. If i can figure out the photo software that came with the new camera.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

ah, you did buy the camera! sweet.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to appropriate that phrase "I fell in love with myself all over again."
I laughed so hard when I read it that I almost hurt myself.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home