Thursday, January 12, 2006

let's see....yesterday ended on a down note, when I returned home to find a letter from the lawyer hired by the nut who hit my car last week. Yes, a minor accident requires an attorney....who must then right a letter that implies I never exchanged any insurance info, etc. Did she lose the piece of paper the officer handed her?

I promptly called my agent this morning, and she was struck dumb by this one. Told me to fax it over, and she'd figure out what should be done. Remember, this "fill in the blank" and I have the same insurance company, leaving us all wondering if she realizes how strange (and foolish) it sounds to threaten your own insurance company with a suit for damages.

Turns out she filed a claim too, but several days after I did. My agent has it as well, but hasn't been able to open the file for some reason. She's fully aware that "fitb" refused any medical treatment (after demanding it), and also spent time accusing me of leaving the scene (for completing the turn that found me 80% in a medical center driveway when she hit me). Not to mention screaming that I'd hit her head on, which we've all decided is a physical impossibility, considering the only damage to my car is behind the rear wheel.

All this over something that even the insurance company is calling minor.

To top things off, I've now got a cold. Pass the kleenex.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

take the emergen-c and call your law team.

Ack, booked one of two tickets to ATL....

I'm not sure my heart is into the second trip.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Airborne...and get hold of that officer too. Hope you're feeling better. What a moron. We got hit once in Falls Church by a non-insured, non-green carded individual. THAT was fun.

8:23 PM  
Blogger jk said...

thanks for the good wishes. I'm much better, though still full of snot. Which is better than being full of shit, i guess.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

so, did the green chiles help?

5:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As I tell Evan, snot is nothing more and nothing less than nose poop. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger jk said...

Ha! I have never heard that before. I can't even remember if my mother used the word "snot." Except when describing a person.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home