Sunday, June 25, 2006

the great movie experiment was a bust.

we got through the ten minutes of previews, but when the film started, the young gentleman announced it was too loud....and we agreed. (I wonder if the volume was so hot as to drown out all the chattering during the film?)

anyway, we left, and money was refunded without a hitch.

looking back, i am amazed at how loud the film was. I wonder if they've ever sat in the theater with a meter....i wouldn't be shocked if this topped the prescribed limits.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bummer! I didn't even have time to wish you luck

1:56 PM  
Blogger jk said...

he did have time to eat half is bag of popcorn. we sat through a zillion previews.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talked with my neighbor today, the father of a two year old. They made it for about 10 minutes. Now I really want to see it!

10:08 PM  
Blogger jk said...

there were a few very good puns at the start, and some clever artwork. I may see it again...i mean see the entire film, but i'll probably wait for the dvd.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Evan really enjoyed it. We're Da Vinci'ing it this Friday.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great - so this is what I have to look forward to.

4:37 PM  
Blogger jk said...

oh lee, i'm sure sasha will be primed for the theater before she's there. Just put something boomy on your home system.

we might have had better luck if we'd been sitting in the back, rather than the low middle. By that, i mean about 8 rows up. It was too close for me, i probably would have walked out with a headache.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home