Wednesday, June 14, 2006

good news, bad news. I'll start with the bad.

The amazing kerry/al (I never remember which is which) at my garage just called...he was shocked. It wasn't the battery, wasn't the starter, twas the alternator. Bottom of the list, when it came to predictions.

Top of the list when it comes to price. 900 bucks. Thanks volvo.

yes, thanks for that wonderful volvo certified used car warranty, that just happens to cover this repair.

I do need a new battery, but the old (from december) one is still under warranty, so the garage is going to replace it. Sometime this afternoon, and then I'll pick it up and drive it out to silver spring-near-columbia during rush hour.

still, it's better than the alternative.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Now you have to say your pennies to get a v70.

I love the extended waranty.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy - sorry to hear that. Yay for warranties!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that is expensive for a replacement alternator--must be a new one rather than a rebuilt one

9:16 AM  
Blogger jk said...

nope, rebuilt. he got the price of four, it was the second cheapest. He figured the price on the cheapest was wrong because it was sooooo much less, that when he actually got it invoiced, it would be higher.

that's volvo for you.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Volvo repairs can be 1) mysterious and 2) expensive. I am glad yours was neither. Mine broke once and no one could figure it out. I took it to a guy in Leesburg and told him to keep it, drive it every day, enjoy life...and when he figured it out to call me. After fooling around with it...me taking it and him giving it back...for a month! Well, she left him on Rt. 28! hah! Right by Dulles. hah again!!! Didn't cost me any LESS but I did feel vindicated that I wasn't some hysterical chick which is what I KNOW he thought.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home