Thursday, June 08, 2006

we've got some kind of storm front coming through, my head is aching!

I was awake at 5:30 this morning, so i decided to go out for a walk. Very quiet at 5:45-6:15, I may have to do that again. Noticed a lot of remodel work going on, folks are building up and back on the same footprint. I think our old zoning prohibits zero lot lines, which is a good thing. Many of the older neighborhoods in the area are being destroyed---folks are knocking down smaller homes, and then building mcmansions that cover the entire lot and loom over the older homes. Very unattractive, in my opinion.

We've got a couple of those loomers, but people seem to have kept the landscaping and big ol' trees, so it's not as a bad as it could be.

I can think of a number of things I'd like to do to the homestead, but there's no money. Nada. If only I'd kept a tighter grasp on the pursestrings over the past six years.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home