Tuesday, May 30, 2006

you're not going to believe this, but i've got another massive purchase problem. this time, it's the grill i purchased from sears. the one that was to be delivered today.
yes, was to be delivered. Here i was, home, waiting. There it was falling off the truck. really.

They called me at 12 to say they didn't have it, and i'd hear from the manager shortly. He was due in at 1:30. At 2:30 i get a call from the nice kid who sold to me, saying they did have it, but it had fallen off the truck, and wasn't sell-able. And they didn't have any more in stock.

i, calmly, pointed out to him that I was out a vacation day, and I wanted my grill. Put me through to the manager, who said, he'd get another, refund my delivery charge, and bring this out on saturday the 10th. I wasn't thrilled, so he changed the refund, to taking 15% off the total (including taxes, delivery). I reacted a bit better.

Until he called back 15 minutes later, and said they weren't expecting any more in until the 9th, and he was afraid there might be a problem. So, he'd upgrade me to a grill that sold for 200 bucks more, and bring it out on the 10th.

satisfied.

until the phone just rang and the delivery folks were on the line, saying they were bringing me a grill tomorrow. I pointed out that they weren't, and they'd better get this straightened out. Of course the delivery folks aren't the same as the store folks, so I'm not going to worry about this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Hmmm.

When are you grilling? I'll bring the salmon.

nm

12:37 AM  
Blogger jk said...

I have a feeling there's going to be a bit more to this story...so keep the salmon on ice for now!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord! What give with these people??

Now, I KNOW you're a nice person, so this isn't some weird karma thing....

I'll bring fresh corn! And whatever else's in season.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home