Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Horrors! I am shocked, I tell you. Shocked! Can you believe the following?????

Peter O'Toole smuggled vodka into Oscars!

Tuesday, October 24 2006, 12:55 BST - by Ben Rawson-Jones
Peter O'Toole threatened to walk out of the 2003 Academy Awards because no alcoholic drinks were available.

According to IMDB, the 74-year-old screen icon only stayed at the event after some vodka was covertly brought in, even though he was due to pick up an Honorary Oscar.

Speaking about the event, O'Toole revealed his reaction when told that only fruit juices and water were on offer in the bar: "I said, 'All right, I'm f**king off. I'll be back.' A man with earphones said, 'No! No!' Eventually this vodka was smuggled in."

6 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

my favorite year, redux
those seniors are serious about their toddies!

8:50 AM  
Blogger jk said...

my favorite year just happens to be one of my all time favorite movies.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

me, too

2:59 PM  
Blogger jk said...

I remember seeing it the first time at a theatre with a bunch of girls. We all were crying and sniffling at the end.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too, me too. Has he done any audio books? I'd pay retail, just to hear that voice. Who cares what he's reading!

Speaking of audio books....have you narrated any? I could have sworn I was listening to you tell me about beeswax recently.

LM!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why the Golden Globes got so big - they serve real booze!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home