Monday, December 29, 2008

bummer....

my number in the jury pool is 112. The announcement for tomorrow reads: "If the Call-in-number, located on the lower right-hand side on your summons is 1 through and including 65, you must report for jury service as directed on your summons, and please follow the directions on the summons for further information regarding jury service. If your call-in number is 66 or higher, you are excused and will not be re-summoned for at least two years."

So...the answer to your question is "Yes, I want to do my civic duty." I wonder if it'll be another 18 yrs before I'm called again????

4 Comments:

Blogger Mindful said...

wow. sorry for the disappointment. I was only called once and, after writing a letter, was excused. I was in college, living 5 hours away, and was to report in the middle of finals week or some such thing. I admit that while most people moan and groan about it, if the timing were right, I'd want to do it, too. It won't happen over here though.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

given my questionable penchant for being married to lawyers, I have less of a chance of being selected for a jury in this lifetime than my dog

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Same thing happened to me. I never get called then finally DO and my number is too high. Boggart.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Mindful said...

jk, seems like ages since you've written. did you get to go to the big concert on the mall today? or will you go to any festivities tomorrow? do tell. you've been silent for too long!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home