Friday, December 19, 2008

SCORE! Just in time for the holidays.

Some of you may remember that I was lusting after some boots this fall. Nothing fancy, these were not dress boots, but everyday boots.Ones that looked like they'd last a loooong time, and had a wide enough toebox that I knew they'd be good for walking. (since I walk about 15 min to the subway each way, and then walk again from the train to the office)I hate the thought of having to change shoes when I get in to work because what I want to wear isn't comfy enough for the walk.
It's the "amy" by Donald J Pliner.



there was just one little problem: the price. 430 bucks. No way I could do that. But I lusted. Bought 'em. Returned them. Then....one day last month, i was walking through Bloomingdales and saw that they were 30% off, and I could get another 15 if i used my bloomingdales charge. That was still not cheap, but certainly closer to the mark. I bought them. But I haven't worn them.
Good thing...because today I went through the store and they were marked down to 300 dollars, minus 40%, minus 15%. Which works out to about 153 dollars.

Just in time for Hannukah. And Christmas. One boot for each holiday. even if they only last 2 years, I feel like I've got a good deal. Nice rubber soles that can be resoled, too.

there is one little problem...I can't find my original receipt. but it was on the store charge, so there shouldn't be an issue.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

these are great!! what a find

5:35 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

Those are lovely. I'm looking for a mid calf boot as well, but with a bit of a heel.

I'm going to check out nordstrom after xmas, I'm bloomies deprived here.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

btw, I volunteered for the Green Cards Street Team duty in advance of their Nashville show tonight. I went down briefly to the green room before the show(didn't stay for the show unfortunately) and spoke with them. Carol sends her regards.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Mindful said...

If they last a YEAR and you get a lot of use out of them, then you've done well. (At the original price, they'd have had to have lasted three years!)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home