Friday, September 15, 2006

i don't know how it happened, but i'm back to being boring.

I heard from NM today, off on her jaunt to, um NM. That's new mexico, in case you thought she was visiting herself. Wanted to know if there was a nordstrom in salt lake city. Why? No idea, cept she did say there was snow on part of their route.

Snow. While I'm looking at the nashvegas forecast, which calls for highs ranging from 66 to 85. Which will make packing a joy.

yesterday, I was visited by an old friend named rod picott. Perhaps I should say someone I've known for years, but only talk to every few years. Anyway, rod (who'll conveniently be out of nashville while i'm there), is on his way (as we speak) to london for another tour of the UK and europe. He is a wonderful songwriter, and I suggest you check him out here.

I received a lovely, and unexpected, gift in the mail earlier this week. It's the boxed set of the history of Hightone records. The oakland based label is (or has been) home to several of my favorite singers and songwriters including tom russell, dave alvin, chris smither, jimmie dale gilmore, loads more. they've got everything: blues, rockabilly, singer-songwriters. Took me totally by surprise and I am looking forward to hearing every second!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

Snow? Wow!

Nashvegas is hovering around 88 right but looks to cool off ten degrees. I think you will be okay just packing a couple of cotton sweaters and some closed toed shoes.

Nice box set.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a fricking cold here. I wish I had brought my cable to download the pictures of 25 degree blowing snow on top of the steens.

sigh.

10:10 PM  
Blogger jk said...

oops. should have read mony's comment before packing up the box with the gear i sent ahead. inside was my leather jacket. You can't go to a music conference without one. It's in the registration instructions.

no wonder nm needed nordies.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

Boring? Hardly.
recorder-check
mascara-check

black leather jacket-check
will have to dig mine out ;-)

1:47 PM  
Blogger jk said...

oh yes, mascara. In a shade called blackberry. very striking

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home