Tuesday, September 12, 2006

i know you've heard me say how much i love my dentist, but i don't think i need to see him more than three times a year. Which explains why it pained me so to pay him a visit today. Because I knew that it would be a burden to my pocket.

I've been uncomfortable for the past week, or so. And I knew, deep down, that it wasn't really a problem with my crown. Or with the filling he did. Or with any old random tooth. Or random filling.

it was that stress has caused me to start grinding my teeth again. And that, as I did all those years ago (much to amusement of some), I didn't settle for simple grinding, I was clenching. Causing a muscle spasm. Relieved by drugs, and a new nightguard. Custom, of course. And, of course, my old one no longer fit because I'd stopped wearing it (at least a year ago), and my teeth had shifted a bit.

Nice guy that he is, doc cut me 20% off. another 5 for a professional courtesy. It would have been another 10, but I couldn't write him a check.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nightguard can't come out of your FSA?

I should wear mine, if I could find it.

Probably time for a new one.

Does the dentist have a son?

1:40 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i've hit the limit on my fsa, thanks to the 1250 i paid him earlier this year, a new lenses for a pair of glasses (200), the equivalent of another pair of glasses (500) and a few more things. expensive year!

2:21 PM  
Blogger jk said...

have a son? yes. He's about 13. doc is about a year younger than me.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, well. That is even a bit young for me. Does he have a brother whose a dentist or dermatologist?

4:37 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i think he may have a brother who's an md.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

well, three times a year sounds like you are practically engaged

11:35 PM  
Blogger jk said...

I'll have to report that when I go back next week. I'm sure the office will be thrilled to hear it!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home