Wednesday, September 06, 2006

oh god, it's not like i'm asking for help in picking health insurance. All I wanted was aid in picking shoes! Really, don't you care how my feet look? Do you want me to drag down your cq (coolness quotient) if you're seen with me?

(insert big huff here)

Can you tell I'm stressing about my upcoming trip to nashville. I'll be there ten or 11 days. I think that's a bit too long. There's no hyatt. I'll have to listen to bad music, played too loud. Lots of whining. Too many fried foods. Elevator problems.
Shopping isn't the best. Ruth and Rob won't be there.

On the good side, I'll be able to meet the newest member of mony's clan. See the renovations mike and suz did on their house. Call a meeting of the power chicks. And see friends I only see once, or twice a year when they come through town on tour. maybe meet some new ones. and hear some great road stories, I hope.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

Well, some of us are happy about your lengthy stay. Furthermore, I can guarantee some help with the fried foods problem. But sorry, no help with the Hyatt...

10:19 AM  
Blogger jk said...

hooray! I knew I could count on you!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh - is there a Westin? (Their Heavenly Bed is nice.)

2:42 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i am taking up residence at the renaissance. 10 days baby. Enough to push me into utterly worthless marriott platinum. or silver, or whatever the first level above nobody is.

meanwhile i still need about 15 hyatt nites to keep my diamond status.

Interestingly, the sheraton in nashville was built as a hyatt. One look at the atrium spells it out!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

I was going to say, 'but I thought we had a Hyatt' but realized it was long-gone. The Renaissance will have to do, but look on the bright side (as I am sure you have before)--you are connected to the Library!

4:36 AM  
Blogger jk said...

The library! And provence! That is a gorgeous library, and i will be there almost long enough to take out a card!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't post because I went to beta blogger...
However, why not hotel hop?

i'm in for 10K on the SPG for three nights.

2:43 PM  
Blogger jk said...

because i've got 10 days worth of stuff, and it would be a pain. Not to mention that most of the stuff i'm doing is very near the Ren. It's just easier. Last year, I stayed out near vandy, and it was kind of a pain, driving back at 3 am.

btw, i couldn't comment on your blog earlier, probably due to the beta thing.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

I cannot comment on nm's blog for some reason, since I have been 'back' and cannot see my own posts on MY blog on Safari. Having to go to my husband's PC and do it on Mozilla. Will download Mozilla for Mac this weekend. Help!

9:07 PM  
Blogger jk said...

i can see you just fine in firefox on the mac. Maybe you just need to clear your cache????

and i had the same probs with nm's site.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

y'all can comment, just as other.

I'm sooo mad i moved over.

4:50 PM  
Blogger jk said...

nm: haven't tried yet today, but got error messages all of yesterday when trying to comment.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home