Wednesday, September 05, 2007

greetings from dfw, the airport that feels like my home away from home. Mainly because i've been here for five hours and want to take a nap.

I'm sitting in the d concourse admirals club, which has a modern art collection that rivals some medium sized galleries.

it's been a long day....and rather than tell the story again, i'll just lift the lines i emailed nm earlier:
or i would if i could....right now gmail is acting up.

instead, here's the most interesting thing i learned last week----i share my birthday with not one, but two good friends. Several years ago, i was killing time with some of the powerchicks at the bluegrass conference in louisville. one of us had that big, no huge, sun signs book. we all shouted out our birthdays, and when I announced mine Claire shouted "no, that's my birthday." (i never fail to remind her that it's been her birthday longer than it's been mine!) well, saturday, while tromping along the C and O canal towpath with mary sue and jessie, i learned that jessie and I are birthday twins, too. I've known her five years (or a bit longer), but somehow birthdates never came up.

so, there are three of us. And we'll all be in Nashville the first week in november. Of course our birthdays are in may...but we'll still find something to celebrate!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nazila Merati said...

half birthdays are good.

I hope you make it to PDX and get enough zzzs to make it to the Pearl Bakery in the am.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Mony said...

five (plus) hours at DFW North or South will make even the most grounded soul go existential
I am glad you have REAL celestials as birthday buds. Except for Skeeter Davis and Miss Israel Universe '97 I believe my day has been, historically, one big dry run.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's so cute. I had a birthday twin - Anth's Aunt Rosie...a redhead too :) My half birthday is next month - woo!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

now you are in austin? I thought you were leaving on Friday! I am so confused.

Have fun! Enjoy Texas. I get to miss it this trip.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home