Monday, January 30, 2006

well, this is interesting.

CLose to 25 years after my last tv reporting gig, i have just agreed to freelance for some network I'd never heard of before. A one shot deal, a two camera shoot tomorrow, interviewing someone about carbon trading and the impact on indigenous populations. I've asked them to send me data, and some talking points.

I'm not looking at this as a reporting gig, but rather as a fill in talking head, which is why i don't feel wrong in asking for talking points. I'm doing them a favor.

Perfect timing, as I've got a finger print sized spot on my face. Oh well, let's see how much of my old art lessons come back. hmm...reddish part of the blotch might be tempered with green, right?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have fun! what name are you using???

9:56 PM  
Blogger Nazila Merati said...

wow. cool, tell me when it is on and I'll make someone who is more technologically advanced than myself tivo it so that I can watch.

7:42 AM  
Blogger jk said...

oh, it's going to be on some far out liberal cause network that won't be watchable in most parts of the country if you don't have a dish.

But, today, i'm not sure it's coming off...they haven't called back with a time, or sent my notes. Perhaps they found someone who knew a bit more about carbon trading!

hey, check with the hotel about the room---i think it's going to be a busy weekend in london. I tried to see if i could use my intercontinental coupon, but the intercontinental is sold out both nights.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a DISH! I get those bizarre, hippy channels!!!! I actually WATCH them! LOL What, when, where????????

8:38 AM  
Blogger jk said...

well, calm down z...it looks like i've been bumped! Probably for someone who knows something about carbon trading!

they're on the dish network, but not directv. freespeechtv folks, i think.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will have a look. I watched a program on hermaphrodites from England last night on the gay/lesbian channel on the upper end. Finally, DISH is good for something except now you've gone and gotten bumped...why I oughta...

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home