Friday, September 15, 2006

I am spending far too much time watching antique british television programs. How do I know?

Well, during our recent trip to play in Al's drunken midnight croquet party, NM and I decided i need to spend some of my house money on front-of-the-plane tickets to london. Why? So i could meet the chinless wonder of my dreams. You know, the guy who'll set me up in a london home, complete with aga. Yes, I have aga lust.

They had one on the floor of the flagship Marshall Fields store in downtown Chicago. I almost cried with joy. I think it was this one:
but itmight have been this other one. the Four Oven Cooker - Gas Model that lets you Bake, Broil, Roast, Bake, Stew, Steam and Simmer...all at the Same Time.




I think she came up with a good solution, don't you? In the meantime, I may just have to buy these wellies. You know, so I'm prepared. (Who knew the Hunter folks made them in something other than green.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Mony said...

Shoes, not stove. Good substitution.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoes AND stove! Aga rules! Plus, how can you "give it Wellie" without any Wellies??

[Bad Lee, telling JK to spend all that money - no cookie for you.]

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

I am loving the stove! I have never seen anything like it!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw the aga, just meet a guy who wears wellies.

nm who is freezing in salt lake city

10:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am such an Anglophile it's like you're speaking my most secret language here. Rosamunde Pilcher writes lovingly of the Aga...all the time. And when I lived in NZ...I actually had my OWN wellies. I miss them. Bring on da rain, bring on da fog.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Mony said...

the wellies are growing on me

holy cow, just looked at the Utah weather map--it is snowing all over the state!

11:41 PM  
Blogger jk said...

mony needs to search aga, and read about the wonder stove. Of course calling it a stove is somewhat insulting, it is a cooking system.

bunch o' cookies for lee.

z, where are those wellies? didn't they make it home?

and poor nm. at least she found some good coffee late in the day.

1:31 AM  
Blogger jk said...

jeez, i should read my own posts! there's an aga link right there!

this is making me laugh. it does not amaze me that i forget the words as soon as they're down on "paper." I used to give a weather forecast twice an hour, for several hours in a row. But if you asked me to tell you what it was, I had no clue. Even though I'd read it maybe 10 times in four hours.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The wellies did NOT make it back. I imagine the next exchange student my family took got them. I did bring back my uniform shoes though. They were...um...unique.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home